With Easter approaching, I want to encourage you to share the wonderful hope of eternal life we have because of the sacrificial death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. That Jesus rose from the dead has the important following consequences:
1. Our sins are forgiven because of Jesus’ sacrificial death on the cross (1 Corinthians 15).
2. We will have eternal life, since only He can remove the sting that is death and the victory that is the grave’s (1 Corinthians 15:54-55).
3. Like Jesus, we will have a resurrected body (1 Corinthians 15:49).
In 1 Corinthians 15, Paul explains the consequences of not preaching the resurrection of Christ:
1. Preaching Christ is in vain
2. Faith in Christ would be worthless
3. All the witnesses and preachers of the resurrection would be false witnesses
4. No one would be redeemed from sin
5. All former believers would have perished
6. Christians would be the most pitied of all men
Only the Christian faith possesses a founder who beat death and who promises that His followers will as well. All other religions were founded by men, mere men who all ended up in the grave and stayed there. What a marvelous privilege God has granted us – to proclaim His Son’s victory and our blessed hope!